If you’re operating your wholesale business on Amazon, then creating listings, uploading products and attracting customers is a part of your job! Consequently, you need to understand how everything works from the inside and what the platform expects from you as a seller.
Wholesale business on Amazon attracts many of you, but are you ready for all those complicated processes? If yes, then this blog is right for you!
If You’re Creating Listings…
If you’re creating listings, then writing and optimizing your product descriptions is a must! If you want to demonstrate professionalism, pull Amazon customers towards you and earn profits, then you definitely need some basic knowledge to create those listings. And remember, always follow Amazon’s policies!
A Product Description is Nothing Without…
Products descriptions are nothing without good wording and bullet points! If you want to attract your customers by making their life ten times easy, then you should definitely use bullets as your main weapon!
But How to Style Bullet Points?
- Okay, first of all, you should understand that bullet points need to be unique. If they’re not unique, you will either fail at attracting customers or end up with a copyright claim, so be careful!
- What’s more, bullet points need to be extremely searchable. If you include words that are not used among customers, how would they find your product?
But There’s One More Thing…
Almost every novice seller confuses those keywords because of the vast amount they find on the internet! Using special software for keywords can be helpful ONLY if you know which keywords to include and how to style them.
Because of the common confusion, many sellers simply take the keywords that they found through the software, and include each of them in the bullet points. However, this is unacceptable and does not mean Amazon’s requirements. If you choose all the keywords at the same time and ignore the potential risks, you will face problems with the law and receive a copyright claim!
This means that you will not only fail at optimizing your listings and catching the attention of customers, but also have problems with the platform. Did you know that Amazon deactivates accounts and punishes sellers? Well, be careful!
What Amazon Says About Bullet Points
Your product detail page titles, descriptions, bullet points, and images should not contain:
- Pornographic, obscene, or offensive content.
- Phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, or website URLs.
- Details of availability, price, or condition.
- Use Capital Letters only for the beginning of each word. Do not use all Capital Letters throughout the attribute. This applies for Product Title, Bullet Points and/or Product Description.
- Links to other websites for placing orders, or alternative shipping offers, such as free shipping.
- Spoilers on Books, Music, and Video or DVD (BMVD) listings. This includes giving away plot details crucial to the suspense or surprise ending of a story.
- Reviews, quotes, or testimonials.
- Requests for positive customer reviews.
- Adverts, promotional material, or watermarks on images, photos, or videos.
- Time-sensitive information, such as dates of tours, seminars, or lectures.
Stay away from a phenomenon called keyword stuffing. This is when you use all the keywords that you have, don’t style them and think that this will help! However, this leads to numerous difficulties, and we’re not talking about problems with the law: there’s something more!
The first possible scenario is facing uncertainty. If you stuff your descriptions with keywords and bullet points that don’t make sense, customers won’t understand what you’re selling and what feature your product has. This means that you will lose all your potential customers, and will experience a downfall in sales!
Or, customers will order your product nevertheless and easily get disappointed. You’re probably wondering why, aren’t you? Well, stuffed keywords never show the reality, and therefore, products don’t match expectations! In this case, the customer will expect product A, but will somehow receive B!
In other words, creating listings, writing descriptions and including bullet points can be easy if you know how it’s done. If you have more questions about the matter, contact us and we will kindly provide you with the information you need! What’s more, you have the exclusive opportunity to enjoy our Amazon listing optimization and Amazon management services that will develop your Amazon store in a jiffy!
You know when they say “business before pleasure?” Well, by working with us, you will have both business and pleasure at the same time, so hurry up!