Yeah, we know that we talked a lot about Alibaba and the product sourcing that goes on there. However, this is an important issue which should be properly discussed and thoroughly planned before doing anything on this platform.
In case you didn’t know, Alibaba is a Chinese company that specializes in eCommerce and retail. Even though it’s very popular among eCommerce sellers, some people associate this platform with the “Made in China” products that are famous for being fake or replica. However, the reality is completely different! There are numerous suppliers that provide high-quality customer service, have genuine products and ship them in a timely manner. Problem is, they are easy to lose in the middle of so many fake sellers!
In order to find these suppliers, we’re giving you a bunch of tips which will definitely come in handy not just on Alibaba, but other platforms as well:
- Pay attention to the appearance of the supplier. Do they have a website? If yes, then it is a good sign! Did they include their contact information? Wonderful! Now call or message them for further information, if they respond to you, then most likely they are a legitimate source for your products.
- However, the appearance is never enough! Go to Alibaba and confirm the supplier based on the criteria that Alibaba has created to sort and categorize its “sellers.” In case you didn’t know, there are three types of criteria that allow you to understand the position of the supplier: Gold Suppliers, Trade Assurance Supplier, Assessed Supplier. Check our previous blog to know more!
But what about the third detector?
There are millions of ways to identify a good supplier, but these three are the most famous and the most efficient methods to find it out.
This applies not just to Alibaba, but everywhere else as well.
What opinion do you have concerning reviews? As a seller, you surely know that they a pivotal role; especially when customers are looking at your products. Even though you’re a seller, for Alibaba suppliers you’re also a customer, so let’s think and act like a customer; that will really help!
Google the name of that supplier and find all the possible information that exists on the internet. Find reviews and feedbacks, and start your own investigation, Sherlock! Very often our clients don’t know what to look for, which words, phrases and expressions should trigger discomfort or uncertainty.
There are various options, let’s have a look at them:
- Customers of that supplier can share their experience with you, it’s normal. It happens very often that customers complain about the quality of the product. It’s about defects, broken parts, smell and other factors that may cause dissatisfaction.
- Apart from that, you have to understand that as a supplier, they are responsible for the shipping process. Delivery should be conducted on time, by keeping all the standards of customer service.
- Sometimes suppliers want to earn more money by raising the price of their products. Many complaints refer to the price, and how it doesn’t match with the quality of the product or their service.
- We have even seen cases when sellers received wrong products. This happens quite a lot, actually! Sometimes the item doesn’t match the product listing, and that’s horrible! Imagine purchasing products in bulk, and receiving something completely different, in bulk!
Now, do you believe when we say that there are tons of methods that can help you find the right supplier? It’s completely true! You just have to do your own mini-research to work with the good guys. However, if you don’t think that you can handle this process, we can help you out by finding the best suppliers, negotiating the price, and by making sure your business is treated well!