In the world where everyone talks about e commerce, we should keep pace with every single change that occurs. Why? Because without that, we won’t be ready for working and operating our business in this very world; changes are important! Selling goods and services has always been one of the key elements of operating a business, and one day, this process changed from the brick and mortar model to electronic commerce. That’s why we’re actually here!
Electronic Commerce who?
E commerce means electronic commerce. This means that all the transactions and sales are conducted through internet and online websites. No more brick and mortar stores: we’re moving to online. Ecommerce platform is one of the best business ideas for those who want to succeed, and that’s actually normal! Ecommerce business is more profitable than you think: products and services are served online now, we can’t do anything about it other than going with the flow!
What is E Commerce? Examples, please!
If you want to get the idea of e commerce, you should observe the examples that exist in our everyday world. Let’s take for example Amazon – the largest e commerce store with the most e commerce transactions in this world. This ecommerce company offers the best products: from mobile devices and digital products to other goods and items. This platform offers the best customer service as well, because of which customers use their credit card, make purchases offered by third party sellers, and continue the process of shopping online. That’s what we call a true heaven, don’t you agree?
Another example of ecommerce business is eBay. This online platform offers not only products or services, but also online auctions! A wide range of opportunities, everything for customers! This is one of the first online marketplaces where you can not only order products, but also spend your money by participating in live auctions. Customer base is important, and platforms do their best to be creative and of course, to meet the standards.
Advantages of E Commerce
- Well, first of all, it’s faster and more efficient! Apart from that, you can promote your business on social media and be more accessible than it is possible in the real, physical life! What’s more, you can reach more customers: in the online world, there are no geographical limitations.
- When we talk about ecommerce businesses, we automatically think about low financial costs.
- In the online sphere, hiring employees is not only easier but also cheaper. Small businesses will agree that hiring and maintaining employees, paying them for their work is difficult: especially for newly created startups.
- It’s easier to coordinate your supply chain and verify your suppliers. In the real world it would be more complicated. Now you can estimate the productivity and profitability of the suppliers and companies that you’re working with, with the help of the internet!
- Selling of goods has never been easier! You can showcase your bestsellers on your website, thereby making your customers buy your products at all costs!
- Your product will never stay alone on the shelf! Why? Because you will be able to process a high number of orders. In the online world, physical stores are not necessary! You can have your own website, your own products and your own customer service! So go ahead, have your own store, make it perfect! Having a store is a big responsibility, make sure you know everything about your customer, your website, and your goals. That matters!
Types of Ecommerce You Should Know About
As we said, e commerce or electronic commerce is extremely beneficial. Everyone wants to have an ecommerce platform, sell goods and services, be the best in the shopping sphere and so on: but let’s be honest: before operating a business, one should always know about the market, opportunities, services and types of e commerce that exist around the world.
Business to Business, B2B
This is one of the most popular types of e commerce businesses. During this type of ecommerce business, one business provides products to another.
Business to Consumer B2C e commerce
This is the all famous retail model, where a business sells products and services to customers. Buying and selling through online stores during B2C businesses is a little bit different from the original idea of this model; however, the concept is the same, and that’s what matters!
Consumer to Business, C2B
This is when consumers sell goods and services to businesses. This is mainly associated with the ones who conduct business models like sole proprietorship: in other words, people who provide products or services as sole proprietors, help other businesses grow.
Choosing a business model is important because much depends on it. If you choose the one that doesn’t suit your business, you will easily lose your online store, products, sales and all the efforts that you invested. E commerce is a beneficial sphere to work in, but it is a real rocket science!
Costumer to Costumer, C2C
C2C businesses happen between two customers. This generally occurs in an online environment: see? ecommerce is always here, and it always wins! Buyers and sellers are everywhere, they just have different faces and appearances.
Do we need a traditional business? Something about anti-ecommerce business
Well, there’s no specific answer to this question. Online retailers are enjoying their popularity, meanwhile the productivity of brick and mortar stores is falling…. If you intend to open an ecommerce store, just know that it’s not just “order and sell.” It’s about the research, market, consumers and products that you want to showcase and sell. A new business can succeed if it has enough data and information: so keep an eye out, and develop the service you want to provide.
In other words, if you want to succeed in an extremely short period of time, you can research the market, observe competitor companies, know your consumers, and finally have the long-awaited online sales! Just don’t forget about your market – shopping will be efficient only if you know who your consumer is, what they want, and what they can order! Good luck with your online store and all your online shopping dreams that will certainly come true!
In case of questions regarding retail sales, business transactions, online stores, ecommerce companies and websites, contact Jerome Basilio! Enjoy your ecommerce sales together with us by investing in our company of industry professionals!